The only real failure would be if we were to let our uncertainties cause us to stop trying to do new and exciting things.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Comprehension
In my physical science class today I walked in a couple minutes late and my professor was talking about how our generation, the flat screen generation as he calls it, is so consumed with technology that the ability to sit down and comprehend the things that went on throughout our day and the things we are taught is slowly disappearing. That got me thinking about whether or not I have the ability to sit down and think about my day and what I learned and all the things I experienced in all the different ways I can experience things. I think I can but a lot of the time dont. Just thought this was a good thought and remeinder to share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's so true, we are have been consistently and constantly stimulated throughout our whole lives. Reflection has all but disappeared, which, now that I think about it [ironic isn't it] is probably the major reason why I and most of our generation is so stressed all the time...
ok so lesson learned... tone down on stimulus, tune up on reflection.
Thanks Amber!
Post a Comment