Then we had an actual birthday party for Amy, fancy dinner with friends and sparklers always make for great celebrations.
My first PA wedding!
And then my second! My RA, Hillary from last year got married just a few weeks ago and it was the most spectacular display of family and love.
There's a park in Pittsburgh (PGH) where the Monongahela River and the Ohio meet. It's called point park and there is a fountain where the rivers join. It's been closed for four or so year being reconstructed so Bekah and I drove down and met our friend Scott. We listened to Edward Sharpe and saw the point in all its glory opening night. Such fun....and the kick off to many concerts this summer for me.
Summer fun. Edward Sharpe, Local Natives, The Dirty Projectors, The National, and an array of festivals and then Sigur Ros at the end of September. What a dream filled with great music, good friends and priceless memories.
Then there was my second trip to Chicago. Stayed with my Kati and got to play with her all weekend. My friend Aaron came and we got to celebrate his birthday in full Chicago style. On the way out of town I had breakfast with my friend Chris and just shared life over eggs and coffee. One of the most freeing and life giving trips this summer.
Then there was our trip to Ohio. Kettie and Amy are broth from there so a bunch of us decided to spend the 4th of July between their houses. So much fun!! Cooking a meal together on Kettie's family farm, fireworks, all sleeping in a little house together. Then heading to Amy's house where you're greeted with the most warming hug and delicious snacks. A full spread of dinner and so many games.
Oh, and Kettie's mom took us to a wine and cheese shop, we just couldn't pass up the chance for these gems.
There was also a trip to Kentucky for a conference, and so much exploring around home and then Arizona. Don't count on Kentucky...it's wasn't that thrilling so I didn't take any pictures. And the others I'll save for another day.
All in all I'd say summer was full of adventure and furthering my love for this place and my relationships with people that I have come to love and am so thankful for. I pat myself on the back for my summer to do list is pretty small now. Still a couple adventure to be had but I've got to fit them in with work because students are back!











No comments:
Post a Comment