Summer school officially starts tomorrow. And I, as a current employee of the Modesto City Schools will be going. To play all day, well from 8:30-12:30 with preschoolers.
Now to some of you, you might be thinking why in the world would you ever choose to play with a bunch of pre-schoolers. They are little, cry a lot, don't know how to share and probably still wet their pants. To you all I say, if you were to hear about my week two weeks ago you would understand the excitement of this situation.
You see two weeks ago I was with 5-6th graders. Almost jr high. Some people can handle jr. high. My sweet friend Red for example. She is the greatest when it comes to those awkward kids and they love her. Me on the other hand can't. I love the little ones.
Now this whole teaching experience, well not really but working in the special ed department has taught me some things. I don't want to be a teacher. And I'm glad. I think teaching is a great profession and I think people who are going to pursue it need to be of the highest quality and have such a passion for it. I once did...but I have grown to love and be passionate about other things. And I'm totally okay with that.
It has also taught me that we live in a world with a totally screwed up education system. Yes in America we have things pretty great. And the fact that kids get free schooling until they go to college is huge. But it is still screwed up. It's a 'bunch of old white guys dictating how we should educate our children' said a friend of mine who shares in the frustration.
To those teachers...way to go. I'm glad you have your job and hopefully have a passion for it despite those old white guys. I'm thankful I'm not in your shoes and glad you fit them well.
So from here on out I have gone from middle school, to preschool and then off to college students. Each one getting longer and longer. God is so good at putting me in just the right spot.
No comments:
Post a Comment