Monday, November 14, 2011

ugh.

So today is just one of those days where you wish you could go back to sleep, wake up again and start all over.  I'm sitting at home, sworn to not go out of the house today because here I can only do damage to myself and my roommates, and they like me and are forgiving so I feel like its a safe place, and I'm looking for the comical twist on my 14th day of November.

I woke up at 4:50 this morning, after the worst night of sleep, to go to work.  I get there just a couple minutes late and this is where I should've known the day was doomed.  Everything starts out fine and then there is a mix up with some catering orders.  By the end of the confusion I'm about in tears and I have 6 pots of coffee to measure, grind, weigh, and brew.  Awesome. I don't think I felt more successful then when the whole thing was over not a tear leaked from my eye.

As the day unfolded it was like my brain was 20 steps behind me and I just couldn't get it together.

One of my more impressive moments:  I was making drinks and I couldn't get the cap of the new milk gallon so I asked Tommy (my gracious co-worker who was so nice to me today) if he could help me.  He does me the deed of being a man and getting that stupid little orange plastic cap off the gallon, and as I'm walking back to the espresso machine to lift the milk to the counter my eye sight goes, I'm blind, my body keeps moving as I've never experienced this before (dramatic) and the bottom of the gallon hits the counter and before I know it the woman in front of me is commenting on how it's the worst thing that I am now standing, covered in milk, from literally my head to my feet.  I turn and look and Tommy just laughs.  I look back to her and say, 'thats about how the day is going"

All I could do was laugh and wipe the milk off my face.

The rest of work was a little more cautious and I sent myself home early for fear of making anymore mistakes and bringing any other, well mannered, good-day-having citizens down with me.

I get home to me sweet roommates who let me unload my day and laugh with me.  I sit on the couch and before too long I'm thirsty and find myself in the same predicament as earlier.  Except it's water, in my own kitchen, and I've realized this day is to be doomed.  Kati just laughs and I decide I dont really like milk or water that much and I'm giving them up.  Cold turkey.

What a day.  I'll stay glued to this couch until I can start fresh tomorrow.

No comments: